Fourth Biannual EENPS conference (EENPS 2022)
Call for the expression of interest to host the Fourth Biannual EENPS conference (EENPS 2022)
We invite expressions of interest in hosting the Fourth Biannual EENPS (East European Network for Philosophy of Science) conference.
The EENPS conferences are organised biannually, starting from the Inaugural one in 2016 that was organised in Sofia. We are seeking a host for the conference that will be held in the year 2022. The EENPS conferences attract the highest-level recent work in the philosophy of science from the members of the network and worldwide.
The Expression of Interest for hosting the EENPS conference has to be sent to the Steering Committee (SC) of EENPS before 31 December 2020 and should contain the following elements:
1. A declaration that the travel and accommodation expenses for at least two keynote speakers, reception and coffee breaks will be covered by the host;
2. A description of the venue, providing evidence that it is suitable for holding a conference of at least 50 participants and that it is supplied with presentation equipment;
3. A suggestion for a Chair of the Local Organising Committee (LOC). The Chair of the LOC should be a member of EENPS;
The SC will announce its decisions about the host of the next EENPS conference, the Chair of LOC and the two co-Chairs of the Program Committee (PC) on 01 February 2021. The two co-Chairs of the PC should be members of EENPS and should not be from the same country of residence.
The co-Chairs of the PC, together with the members of the SC, will suggest potential members of the PC. The SC will decide on the final list of the PC, which should contain at least 12 members. No more than two PC members should be from the same country of residence.
The co-Chairs of the PC will be responsible for:
1. Suggesting members of the PC;
2. The supervision of the evaluation of all submissions by the PC members according to the established blind-review procedure of EENPS;
3. Deciding on the final list of accepted papers. When assembling the final list, the PC co-Chairs should follow the practice of non-discrimination and should aim at a gender and geographical balance without making compromises with the quality of the accepted papers;
4. Creating the conference program (in cooperation with the Chair of LOC).
The Chair of the LOC will be responsible for:
1. Securing the necessary funding for the EENPS conference;
2. Deciding on the members of the LOC (optimally 5 to 7 persons);
3. Drafting and disseminating the CFP texts;
4. Deciding on the keynote speakers which should be chosen from a list suggested by the SC;
5. Receiving the submissions and preparing them for a blind review;
6. Drafting and disseminating the preliminary as well as the final program of the conference with a close cooperation with the PC co-Chairs;
7. Communicating with the prospective and approved participants in the conference;
8. Preparing practical information for the participants in the conference.
Deadline for submitting the Expression of Interest: 31 December 2020.
Communicating the decisions to the candidates: 01 February 2021.
Please, send your Expressions of Interest to: email@example.com